Summer Cycle Camp | June 9 to 11, 2023
Build training momentum this summer by joining NCCP and Cycling BC Certified Coach Andrew Tuovinen and a max of 12 cyclists for three days cycling training in beautiful Penticton, BC. This early summer cycling camp is suitable for all cyclists who want to push further into training: improving technique on the bike, developing better efficiency, and putting in quality miles under the watchful eyes of an experienced cycling coach.
Add to your early season gains with 3-days of zone-based training. We’ll be focusing on riding technique, riding form and building stamina, and we’ll be working within training zones 2 to 5 to build energy-system capacity right through the spectrum from endurance to power. Under the watchful eye of Coach Andrew, you’ll be putting in long, coached rides on quiet country roads with plenty of personal attention on each training ride.
Cycling performance in general is dependent upon a number of factors that synergistically come together. We will address all of these factors at the Summer Cycle Camp. For instance, off the bike, you’ll experience proven adjunctive training techniques to improve strength, coordination, balance and flexibility. Explore suspension training tools, discover enhanced stretching techniques, and find out how hydration and nutrition lead to optimized recovery. The Summer Cycle Camp is ideal preparation for those with sights on the Okanagan Gran Fondo in early July. Become familiar with the roads and the conditions well in advance and meet the challenge of the race by being fully prepared.
On and off the bike, Athletic Endeavours Summer Cycle Camp offers opportunities to improve as a cyclist. We have lined up a massage therapist and an expert in sports nutrition to share their experiences and expertise working with cyclist’s specific needs.
All Athletic Endeavours Cycling Camps are inclusive, respectful, informal, and are built around the camaraderie that forms within a group whose members share a joy and passion for cycling and training.
Summer Cycling Training Camp Details
- This 3-day, late spring/early summer camp in lovely Penticton, is limited to 12 participants and runs June 9-11, 2023.
- As with the Spring Cycle Camp, this camp is open to all levels of active cyclists.
- The Summer Cycle Camp builds on the momentum most cyclists have gained from riding throughout the spring.
- Be prepared for full days on the bike under late spring conditions.
- Proper nutrition and hydration for the conditions will be among the cycle performance-related topics covered informally as part of the camp.
- Other hands-on experiences include: functional whole-body training with suspension training kits, and an introduction to stretching modalities to maximize your way to improved flexibility.
- Complementary massage session with RMT, Kristy
- Cryotherapy (ice tub) session
- Bring a gear range appropriate to climbing.
- A variety of accommodations are available in Penticton at airbnb.ca for our camp dates as of January 2023.
- Cost: $475+GST